Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Spiritual Make-over - Part II

I have never received Reiki before. I've done some chakra and energy meditation through the years but never directly the Reiki technique. The next session was a combination of energy and Reiki work, and a body wrap. I wasn't sure what to expect exactly and was at most assuming something akin to a spa experience which pampers you to the core. Needless to say, it turned out to be much more than that. My practitioner did the typical feeling of energy flow by hovering her hands all over. She confirmed Kathy's earlier description of where my energy level was stagnated and where it was flowing. All the pent up emotions about my health started surfacing as I felt very connected with her when she started moving her hands a few inches above my body. I started meditating deeply almost immediately. Reiki is also based on the belief that the divine energy or power is working through the practitioner. And although I was pleading in my meditation to the higher power to heal me of my inexplicable pains that have eluded the most read western doctors despite the myriad of tests, I was fully aware of what was going on.

I was quite impressed when she put her finger exactly on spots where the pain was centered and asked me if I had trouble there. She worked her magic which included some combination of deep-tissue massage and energy work. After a long session, I felt like a new person. The body wrap signified the "cocoon" you come out of as you are "reborn". I profusely thanked her at her kindness and given my needs, (as she called it - there were several "dams" in my body that were holding up energy flow), she spent extra time with me. I came out of the session elated, but I did not realize how special it was until the next day.

Immediately after grabbing a quick dinner, I started exploring the little shops on that highway, although most of them were closed given the time. There was one open, and I had been trying to get there for two days - so once I noticed the "open" neon sign I immediately drove there. It was an interesting shop that sold all kinds of spiritual paraphernalia. After browsing the products for a few minutes, I opted to get my "aura" photography. The human body has seven chakras that each have the characteristic of the spectrum colors in the rainbow. And they each also signify an emotion or character that is dominant in a person. Of course I was curious! As soon as I walked into the frame of vision of a special camera attached to a computer, there was just violet and blue and purple on the screen. It was amazing to see myself with an aura surrounding my body, and to top that they gave me a 20-page report that did a more detailed analysis on several aspects. Sure enough, the chakra photograph and analysis coincided exactly with what I had learnt from the practitioners about my dominant chakras previously. The throat represents blue and the forehead, violet! I was sufficiently impressed at not just the information, but being at a cross-road where Science and Spirituality met and appreciating the singularity of it all.

Day 3:
The day started with a hypnotic meditation, yet another technique for me explore. I am a big skeptic of hypnosis, and actually was anxious as I walked into the practitioner's home. I had read some literature previously on extreme forms of hypnosis that could alter behavior. However I relaxed once I got in and she explained the process to me. I was quite comfortable at the premise that the power to heal and solutions to problems were actually already within us. We just need to bring it out of the subconscious, and that's where a semi-hypnosis state can help you think clearly and "outside the head". It turned out to be a very emotional session, with lots of tears. It was all about what you perceived as your domain or your "circle of life" and what is dominantly present there. I of course had the Lord in there, a snake, my childhood dog, my maternal grandmother and a big huge diamond. The snake in alternative healing represents transformation or change, how it sheds its old skin for new, so does life keeps changing. It also represented my fear of all that I had been afraid to face in my life. At the end of the meditation however, I had taken the snake and worn it around my neck. That's good news!

My dog represented unconditional love, and I sobbed uncontrollably thinking of her. She had given me so much love, without expecting much in return. The way love should be. My grandmother represented the maternal affection, but she also spoke to me about women's suffering in the context of cultural norms and dogmas that can imprison us. They are also capable of paralysing us, when we need the most strength to face the vicissitudes of life. The Lord spoke and made me understand clearly that he had always been with me, and will always be. It was a glorious vision, and one that I would never forget. The diamond was to top it all with huge successes and positive experiences life has in store for me. I had cried so much during the session and my head felt heavy with spaghetti thoughts.

It was my last day and it was time to sum it all up with Kathy. We did the closing conversation and I selected three rune stones from a random collection to represent - what else? transformation, change etc. and was once again impressed with the accuracy and relevance of what I was going through and my choice of the stones. Specifically, I had picked runes around Rite of passage and cycle of initiation, and the three stones represented Womanhood and Strength, Partnership and the Beginning of a New life.

Next came the toughest part of it all. Kathy spread some options on the coffee table, each of which read and represented things we need to make our life complete. It ranged from love, happiness, joy, health and wealth. I had to pick one, but one without the rest can be quite meaningless actually. I made myself proud by picking "Gratitude!" I recognized that I had most of the "table-spread" in my life already, but some things were keeping me down. And I also learnt, having just taken one step forward in my spiritual journey, that by being grateful for everything I have, I will attract more of them. So I chose GRATITUDE!

I rattled on to her, "I am grateful for my motherhood, for who I am, my spirituality and quest for the truth, for my physical body through which the Divine acts, and even for the many material things I have. I am especially grateful for all the love and affection I get in my life, from my parents, my kids, my new special friend who is teaching me my own worth, another who has been a pillar of strength and yet another who is a friend for life. I am grateful for the many experiences that life has given me, good and bad, that have made me wiser and more connected with Him." I went on thus with a big smile and could feel my heart expanding with the love I felt for the Universe.

Kathy did give me one last piece of information which was the best parting gift she could given me as I got ready to leave. She said during the healing session with the practitioner, the practitioner also felt tremendous energy from me, and both our energies were "dancing together" in a manner of speaking. This apparently helped further the healing process and also explained the power of my own meditation to me. She said "You could be a healer!". A healer! Me? Is it really possible that there is yet another avenue through which I can help others? This was of course later confirmed by the Reiki practitioner who I called just last week to simply get another Reiki treatment, who talked me into taking the Reiki healing class because "the Spirit asked her to do so!". Now I did take the Reiki attunement level 1 class, and have started practising it in a small way. Who knows what lies beyond this new door? I would only know when I am brave enough to open it and start exploring... and I definitely have opened it.

Thanks for reading. Spiritually Yours..

No comments:

Post a Comment